All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInternational award-winning designer and TV host Jamie Durie has long been passionate about creating outdoor rooms - luxurious living spaces where we can cook, eat, bathe and sleep outdoors - but he is equally driven to create interiors that bring the outdoors inside. Over the last decade his work has evolved from landscape design into a very successful furniture and interior design practice. At the heart of his design philosophy is his belief that the closer we live to nature, the happier we feel. Living Design explores 'Transterior' homes where the interior and exterior of a home merge. In this book Jamie, along with Durie Design's creative director Nadine Bush, showcases exceptional houses from around the world, including Jamie's own, and demonstrates invative ways to integrate nature into the home with plants, colours, textures, materials and architecture. Learn how to create a home that is a living sanctuary and make the natural world part of your everyday life.
- Author BiographyJamie Durie OAM is an international award- winning, innovative and contemporary designer who draws his inspiration from nature . After years of specialising in landscape design and horticulture, Jamie has moved into high-end furniture design and interior design. He has authored 10 best-selling books, including Patio, The Outdoor Room, Outdoor Kid , 100 Gardens and Edible Garden Design. Living Design is his first book on interior design. He founded the Outdoor Room magazine and has hosted over fifty television shows worldwide, including Top Design, and made regular appearances on the Oprah Winfrey Show. He is also the creator of The Outdoor Room series, which airs in over twenty countries. He and his design team have received over 33 international design awards and in May 2014 he was awarded a New York Design Award for his interior dining chair, The Tubular Chair. He was also a Silver Winner in the 2014 London Design Awards for his Rainbow Modulare shelving system. He is the founder and principal designer of Durie Design, with offices in Sydney and Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Jamie Durie
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationCamberwell
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- Weight1658 g
- Width242 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $120.58Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.