All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionImmigration has been a long-time frontrunner of political debate, especially with new draconian laws at the US-Mexico border and David Cameron's conservative attempts at reducing entry clearances into the UK. Based on oral histories, individual testimonies and years, Living Illegal' offers textured stories often lost in debate. It tells of real people working and enriching communities even as the political climate worsens. Living 'Illegal' challenges assumptions about why immigrants leave their homes, where they settle and how they have adapted to immigration ordinances.'
- Author BiographyMarie Friedmann Marquardt teaches religious studies and sociology at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia. Timothy J. Steigenga is a professor of political science at Florida Atlantic University in Jupiter, Florida. Philip J. Williams is the director of the Center for Latin American Studies at the University of Florida. Manuel A. Vasquez is an associate professor of religion at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida.
- Author(s)Manuel A. Vasquez,Marie Friedmann Marquardt,Timothy J. Steigenga
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Weight399 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.