All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFishing guru Charlie White explains the equipment and techniques for harvesting seafood. Get the best yields of shrimp, crabs, oysters and many species of fish, including sea perch, greenling, red snapper, cod and sole. Learn how to harvest exotic seafoods such as abalone, limpets, moon snail and seaweed. Each chapter ends with a list of time-saving best bets for catching each species. Also included is information on current fishing regulations. Whether you're on the beach or on the water, Living Off the Sea has the tips and information you'll need to tap the ocean's bounty.
- Author BiographyCharlie White was an internationally known author, filmmaker, television personality, and fish-behaviour researcher. His books on salmon and marine life have sold more than 500,000 copies, putting him among the top authors on fishing. Charlie also developed a series of Undersea Gardens marine exhibits in the United States and Canada. In 1973, he began experimenting with a remote-controlled underwater television camera to study salmon strike behaviour. His underwater close-ups, in freeze frame and slow motion, revealed for the first time many fascinating new facts about how salmon and other species approach and strike various lures. Charlie White died in 2010.
- Author(s)Charlie White
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight184 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.