All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in the year after the birth of Matt Rader's first daughter, Living Things honestly introduces the contradictions of the modern world: how what we see in daylight is less than whole / and also more so . Using words in lieu of sonar, these poems bounce off the ecology of shabby saturated grasses and panther-eyed armies salal and locate both author and reader within a literary geneology, Matt Rader's poetry brings subtle slowness to a chaotic, fast-paced environment. It is both celebration and documentation of this world and its relationship to all living things.
- Author BiographyMatt Rader is the author of three books of poems: A Doctor Pedalled Her Bicycle over the River Arno (House of Anansi, 2011), Living Things (Nightwood Editions, 2008), and Miraculous Hours (Nightwood Editions, 2005), which was a finalist for the Gerald Lampert Memorial Award and long-listed for the ReLit Award. His poems, stories and non-fiction have appeared in The Walrus, Prism International, The Fiddlehead, The Journey Prize Anthology, as well as many other publications across North America, Australia and Europe and have been nominated for numerous awards including the Gerald Lampert Award, the Journey Prize and two Pushcart Prizes. His website is www.mattrader.com.
- Author(s)Matt Rader
- PublisherNightwood Editions
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightwood Editions
- Weight100 g
- Width190 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.