All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on seven years of experience running training courses throughout Scotland, before further refinement in the United States, this manual is a tried and tested method of training people to counsel and aid others who are suffering loss and bereavement. The manual features: * an explanation of the learning method and ethical issues * role-play exercises to allow trainees to experience common situations * easy-to-use course material for the facilitator and the participants * further resources should extra training be desired. The course confronts the fear of mortality, promoting self-awareness and self-nurturing in carers to prepare them for the pain, fear, anxiety and anger of those who have been abused or grieving, and develops the skills which enable the carer to fulfil their task.
- Author BiographyFay W. Jacobsen has been a health visitor, Lecturer in Health Education at West Lothian College of Further Education and, later, the Department of Nursing Studies at Edinburgh University. She was involved in the organisation of the Scottish Women's Health Fair, and helped found the Gorgie Dalry Well Woman Project. Working freelance for the Scottish Health Education Group together with Alison Shoemark and Margaret Kindlen, she helped develop basic counselling skills training for nurses in Scotland, and published the training manual Sharing Counselling Skills in 1989. She then worked as volunteer at a Rape and Domestic Violence Center in the USA for three years. She is currently a freelance counsellor and psychotherapist.
- Author(s)Alison Shoemark,Fay W. Jacobsen,Margaret Kindlen
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/1997
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight734 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.