Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionWendy Widder kws the struggles of being single from the inside out, and she has something to say, both to her fellow never-marrieds and to the church that often makes them feel like second-class citizens. While there is shortage of books about singlehood on the market, Widder's approach is markedly different. Living Whole Without a Better Half is one of the few that doesn't offer a solution to the single problem. Instead, Widder shows readers how to embrace singleness as an abundant life and a God-given gift, t as an unfortunate stage they should move past as quickly as possible. By examining the lives of biblical heroes such as Abraham, Moses, and Jacob, she reveals that trying to bargain with God to follow our plans and timing often keeps us from appreciating the opportunities he places in our path. Widder makes her case with wit and a wry humour that readers will appreciate and come back to again and again. Now with updated statistics, and a new preface, Living Whole Without a Better Half includesstudy questions that make it a great Bible study or small group resource.
- Author BiographyWendy Widder graduated from Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio, and has completed her Master of Divinity degree at Grand Rapids Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)Wendy Widder
- PublisherKregel Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKregel Publications,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.