All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which inflammation plays a major role in causing joint problems. Warmth and swelling in the joints, along with significant stiffness and pain, can make daily life difficult. Many people with rheumatoid arthritis also experience fatigue, low-grade fever, loss of appetite, depression, and muscle aches. In this, the third edition of Living with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tammi L. Shlotzhauer describes new findings about causes and treatments, including: new research on risk factors and triggers, including pathologic bacteria in the digestive tract, smoking, and exposure to pollutants and chemicals; lifestyle and diet modifications that can help avoid potential triggers; how stress contributes to inflammation and other symptoms; information about new biologic disease-modifying drugs; promising research on biomarkers that may generate a personalized approach to treatment; and remarkable gains in reducing disability, hospitalizations, and surgeries. In addition to explaining the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for people who have rheumatoid arthritis, Dr. Shlotzhauer offers practical strategies for coping with the pain, fatigue, and emotional toll of a chronic illness. She provides new information on associated diseases such as osteoporosis, tips for finding safe and reliable information online, and information on how to get an accurate diagsis.
- Author BiographyTammi L. Shlotzhauer, M.D., is a practicing rheumatologist at Rheumatology Associates of Rochester and associate medical director at Rochester Clinical Research, where she directs clinical research trials involving arthritis.
- Author(s)Tammi L. Shlotzhauer
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Series TitleA Johns Hopkins Press Health Book
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note57, 57 black & white line drawings
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.