All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely re-designed for easy reading and fully updated with the latest research and information on current practice, medication, legal matters, and specific conditions, this new edition of a vital resource is full of tips, suggestions, and strategies to deal with chronic illness and symptoms, such as fatigue, pain, shortness of breath, disability, and depression. It encourages readers to develop individual approaches to setting goals, making decisions, and finding resources and support so that they are able to do the things they want and need. Originally based on a five-year study conducted at Stanford University, this work has grown to include the feedback of medical professionals and people with chronic conditions all over the world. Aimed at letting people become self-managers of their own illness, this book's one simple goal is to help anyone with a chronic illness to live a productive, healthy life.
- Author BiographyKate Lorig, DrPH, is director and professor emerita at StanfordUniversity School of MedicinesPatient Education Research Center. Halsted Holman, MD, is professor emeritus at Stanford University School of Medicine. David T. Sobel, M. Ed., is a Senior Faculty in the Education Department and Director of the Center for Place-based Education at Antioch University New England. Prior to 1997, he served as the Chairperson of the department for a dozen years. He was one of the founders of The Harrisville Children's Center and has served on the boards of public and private schools. He was m member of the editorial board of the journal Encounter: Education for Meaning and Social Justice and has served as a correspondent for Orion Magazine. His articles examine the relationship between child development, authentic curriculum and environmental education. He was the winner of a 1991 Education Press Award. In 2007, he was identified as one of the Daring Dozen educators in the United States by Edutopia magazine. His book Nature Preschools and forest Kindergartens will be published by Redleaf Press in autumn, 2015. David's exploration and documentation of the natural interests of chil Diana Laurent, MPH, is a health educator and trainer at StanfordPatient Education ResearchCenter.
- Author(s)David Sobel,Diana Laurent,Dr. Kate Lorig,Halsted Holman
- PublisherBull Publishing Company
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBull Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight831 g
- Width210 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jakstar198209 Dec, 2014by
Very helpful read
This book is great for anyone who is suffering chronic pain. It was recommended to my mother at a support group for people with chronic pain and has been great to use
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.48Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.