All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLiving and Eating is above all a cookery book, packed with 'luscious recipes' (Marie Claire), with food that has been selected to be simple and delicious. The intention is to narrow the gap between how we eat on a daily basis and how we entertain, recognizing that the most relaxed form of entertaining is simply about inviting people to join you at your table. The collection of recipes is designed to cater for all seasons and occasions, and gives attention to making the best ever version of everyone's favourites: there are recipes for roast chicken, the definitive tomato salad, tagliatelle a la carbonara, apple tart and summer pudding. The book goes beyond the food itself to look at the whole context in which we enjoy it - the plates and glasses we eat and drink from, the equipment we use to prepare the food and the kitchen in which we cook. Exquisitely designed and produced, and illustrated with stunning food photography and photographs of John Pawson's London house, Living and Eating is an unparalleled, much praised guide to a simple yet utterly seductive way of cooking, eating and living.
- Author BiographyJohn Pawson is the bestselling author of Minimum. As the architect who created minimalism he has an international clientele and has worked on projects for, among others, Calvin Klein, Karl Lagerfeld, Jigsaw and the Young Vic theatre. He is currently designing a flagship Marks & Spencer store in Gateshead. Annie Bell trained as a chef before becoming cookery writer at Vogue. Since then she has been the food writer at the Independent and the Mail on Sunday's You magazine. She has written several books including Evergreen which was shortlisted for the Glenfiddich Cookbook of the Year award and in 2003 she was shortlisted as cookery writer of the year by The Guild of Food Writers.
- Author(s)Annie Bell,John Pawson
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication06/05/2004
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Note100
- Weight963 g
- Width189 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.