All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDylan Emmons has always lived his life in two worlds. Diagsed with Asperger's at the age of six, his school days were spent struggling to overcome the sensory and social hurdles that made fitting in with his classmates in the 'real world' so hard. An aspiring social chameleon, he attempted to blend in, despite his hidden other world of Asperger's. This book tells the story of his attempt, with the hindsight gained in adult life that it is better to spend energy learning to be happy, than learning to be 'rmal'. By describing the two conflicting worlds of his childhood, Dylan Emmons reveals the reasons behind the actions, mood swings and awkwardness of children on the autism spectrum that can often appear mysterious and unprovoked to neurotypical family members, friends, teachers and professionals.
- Author BiographyDylan Emmons is a writer and Adjunct Professor of English at Westchester Community College, New York. He was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome at the age of six and now gives public talks and offers workshops for teachers, professionals and parents of individuals on the autism spectrum. Dylan lives in Mount Vernon, New York.
- Author(s)Dylan Emmons
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $22.94
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.