All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionDan Raymer, ted aircraft designer and author of the industry standard textbook Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach, has written a n-technical book that will be treasured by everyone who loves aeroplanes, wonders how they get designed, and wants to kw how somebody becomes an aircraft designer. Half the book is Raymer's warm and personal memoir of growing up in the 50's and 60's as the son of a Navy Test Pilot, discovering his own love of aviation, and entering the rarefied club of those who stare at a blank sheet of paper and turn it into a new aircraft or spacecraft design. The other half covers Raymer's early involvement in the projects that became the B-2, F-22, T-45, F-35, and many more. The book is an easy read, quick-paced, funny, and aimed at a general audience. Raymer includes his mistakes, disappointments, and downright stupid decisions. It's t all aeroplanes either -- read about Raymer's aborted musical career, his misadventures in exotic destinations like Belarus, Turkey, and Bulgaria, how he got on the Internet early eugh to grab www.aircraftdesign.com, and how he came to write his design textbook.
- Author BiographyDan Raymer is a recognized expert in the areas of aerospace vehicle design and configuration layout. During his ten years in the Advanced Design Department of Rockwell (North American Aviation) he created the layout design of Rockwell's entries in what became the F-22, B-2, and T-45 programs, and headed Air Vehicle Design for the X-31. His industry career includes positions as director of Advanced Design with Lockheed, director of Future Missions at the Aerojet Propulsion Research Institute, and project manager of Engineering at Rockwell North American Aviation. He wrote the best-selling textbook Aircraft Design: A Conceptual Approach and the layman's book, Dan Raymer's Simplified Aircraft Design for Homebuilders. He is a Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, has undergraduate and graduate degrees in astronautics and aeronautical engineering, an M.B.A. from the University of Southern California, and a Ph.D. in engineering from the Swedish Royal Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Daniel P. Raymer
- PublisherConceptual Research Corporation
- Date of Publication17/03/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSylmar
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintConceptual Research Corporation
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.