All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's possible to produce food from your own backyard whatever the size available. Learn to be a beekeeper, a poultry owner and how to provide vegetables for the table. For those with a little more land, progress to pigs, sheep, goats and even alcapas. Living off the Land will point you in the right direction; from the first steps in your garden to how to get an allotment, from keeping laying hens to turkeys, ducks to donkeys - and even how to market your surplus produce. Take control of your food and produce your own using whatever land you have to its best advantage. Whatever size your plot, join the nation's smallholders and live the good life.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Jarvis has always been interested in farming, and after growing up in the city she worked for a grain and feed merchant in the country for a number of years. Currently her smallholding consists of bees (a steep learning curve), hybrid and pure bred hens, ducks and ponies, plus a large garden and a productive but small greenhouse.
- Author(s)Charlotte Jarvis
- PublisherHermes House
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHermes House
- Weight1330 g
- Width241 mm
- Height331 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.