Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book is distinctive for the explicit attention it gives to the communal, intersubjective, cultural, and linguistic embodiment of the workings of God in the world. It emphasizes t simply acting justly but living with, in, and from the justice of the triune God by which we are justified. Finally, it offers an important sacramental and liturgical grounding to the Christian understanding of both justice and the triune God. David N. Power and Michael Downey make clear to contemporary believers why a spiritual and sacramental life that is ordered by its trinitarian orientation must include the desire for justice. In short, it is an ethic of social justice that springs from contemplation of the Divine Trinity in the world.
- Author BiographyDavid N. Power, OMI, a native of Dublin, Ireland, is professor emeritus at The Catholic University of America, Washington, DC. He previously taught theology in Ireland and Rome and has lectured in Australia, Canada, the Philippines, Tahiti, and South Africa. He is currently in Lusaka, Zambia, in the OMI formation community. He is the author many books of theology, including Mission, Ministry, Order (New York & London: Continuum, 2008). Since completing his doctorate under the direction of David Power in 1982, Michael Downey has served as professor of theology and spirituality at universities and seminaries in the United States. His abiding theological commitment to those who are wounded and marginalized has brought him to serve the church most in need through lectures, conferences, and retreats in different parts of the world. From 1997-2011 he served as the Cardinal's Theologian, Archdiocese of Los Angeles. He is currently Diocesan Theologian in San Bernardino, CA.
- Author(s)David N. Power,Michael Downey
- PublisherMichael Glazier Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWilmington, Delaware
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMichael Glazier Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.