All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an extremely easy read - jargon or ambiguous clinical terms. It serves as an informative tool, by creating awareness through first hand accounts, which could be used by both sufferers and professionals. - Anxious Times 'It is a highly readable book based largely on the experiences of the author...I would highly recommend it to all emetophobes. Equally, I would recommend it to friends and family of sufferers because it will help n-sufferers understand why emets act in the way we do and, via fascinating insights into how our minds work, why we find certain situations very difficult to cope with.' -www.gut-reaction.freeserve.co.uk, June 2007 Emetophobia, the extreme fear of vomiting, can affect just about every aspect of sufferer's life, from everyday considerations ('what food will be safe for me to eat?') to matters that involve making huge, potentially devastating decisions ('I can't have this baby, I can't face morning sickness'). Nicolette Heaton-Harris has first-hand experience of the phobia and its effects. She suggests strategies for coping with the high levels of anxiety that are intrinsic to the phobia, as well as pre-empting and avoiding anxiety attacks. The experiences of fellow sufferers of all ages, male and female, are shared throughout the book and a list of useful organisations providing further information and support services is also included. Living with Emetophobia is a must-have for anyone suffering from emetophobia, anyone living with an emetophobic as well as professionals treating or supporting people with emetophobia.
- Author BiographyNicolette Heaton-Harris lives in Hampshire, UK, near the beach. A lifelong emetophobe and Coeliac sufferer, she has a particular interest in health, is the author of Teenage Pregnancy: A Parent's Guide and Children's Health: Combating Obesity, and also writes health stories for Patient UK.
- Author(s)Nicolette Heaton-Harris
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication20/04/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight190 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Foreword byLinda Dean
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.