All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.39
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.67
About this product
- Description<b>The dazzling debut from a brilliant new fantasy talent.</b> This highly original, darkly atmospheric fantasy vel immerses readers in a world where ghosts and other malevolent spirits seek entry into mortal realms invisible to all but those who are t entirely human themselves. Drawn into the ancient city of Merafi, yet barred from entering by an ancient pact sealed in blood, these hungry haunts await their opportunity to break through the magical border and wreak havoc on the city s incent denizens. And as a priestess and prince weave a sorcerous plot to shatter the pact and bring ruin on Merafi, only a failed assassin-priest who is w a courtesan, a ble lord married into the ruling family of Merafi, an officer of the city guard, a woman warrior who was the former lover of a w-dead lord, and the ghost of that lord himself stand between Merafi and the tidal wave of magic that may soon bring ruin flooding down upon the city.
- Author BiographyKari Sperring has been writing as long as she can remember and completed her first novel at the age of 8 (12 pages long and about ponies). She started writing fantasy in her teens, inspired by J. R. R. Tolkien, Alexandre Dumas and Thomas Mallory. She holds a B.A and a PhD in medieval history from Cambridge University, and as Kari Maund has written and published five books and many articles on Celtic and Viking history and co-authored a book on the history and real people behind her favourite novel, The Three Musketeers. She s been a barmaid, a tax officer, a P.A. and a university lecturer, and has found that her fascinations, professional or hobby-level, feed and expand into her fiction. <i>Living With Ghosts</i> evolved from her love of France and its history, ghosts, mysteries, Celtic culture, strange magic and sword fights. Her novel-in-progress has even found a creative role for bookkeeping. She s British and lives in Cambridge, England.
- Author(s)Kari Sperring
- PublisherDaw Books
- Date of Publication03/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDaw Books
- Weight236 g
- Width102 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.