All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionMany books have been written about the fascinating public and private life of Ava Gardner, one of the most famous and beautiful film stars of all time-but ne can compare to this one by Mearene -Rene- Jordan. While some biographers had to rely on second-hand kwledge and newspaper and magazine articles that were often unreliable or deliberately inaccurate, Jordan (whose nickname is prounced -Reenie-) was on the scene for countless real-life Gardner episodes that rivaled any fiction. It is a must-read for classic movie enthusiasts and also for those who need a reminder of what true friendship is.
- Author BiographyMearene Jordan (1922- ) is a native of St. Louis, MO. She moved to Los Angeles, CA, during World War II and worked as a maid and personal assistant to Hollywood actress Ava Gardner from 1946 to about 1975, living with Gardner in Los Angeles, Madrid and London before returning to the United States to work as a beautician in Sacramento, CA. She currently resides in Sacramento.
- Author(s)Mearene Jordan
- PublisherAva Gardner Museum
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAva Gardner Museum
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.