All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to many authorities the impact of humanity on the earth is already overshooting the earth's capacity to supply humanity's needs. This is an unsustainable position. This book does t focus on the problem but on the solution, by showing what it is like to live within a fair earth share ecological footprint. The authors describe numerical methods used to calculate this, concentrating on low or cost behaviour change, rather than on potentially expensive techlogical invation. They show what people need to do w in regions where their current lifestyle means they are living beyond their ecological means, such as in Europe, North America and Australasia. The calculations focus on outcomes rather than on detailed discussion of the methods used. The main objective is to show that living with a reduced ecological footprint is both possible and t so very different from the way most people currently live in the west. The book clearly demonstrates that change in behaviour w will avoid some very challenging problems in the future. The emphasis is on workable, practical and sustainable solutions based on quantified research, rather than on generalities about overall problems facing humanity.
- Author BiographyRobert and Brenda Vale are Professorial Research Fellows in the School of Architecture, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. They share common research interests in ecological footprinting and sustainable building design, and are both currently working on the new Foundation for Research, Science and Technology (FRST) project to deliver ecological footprinting and systems approaches to sustainable development of communities.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note110 black & white illustrations, 83 black & white tables
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBrenda Vale,Robert Vale
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.