All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
About this product
- DescriptionRaped and reduced to working in a brothel to keep her baby, unwed, teenage mother, Lizzie, forges a new life for herself and her child in the Kimberley region of Australia. But can she evade her persecutors and ultimately bring to them to justice? This is a story of a girl from inner Sydney. Her family is poor, her father dies when she is nine, life is hard. But her courage rises above adversity Lizzie is a girl from inner Sydney suburb. Her family is poor and her father dies when she is nine. When she is just fifteen she is raped by three men. She becomes pregnant but is determined t to surrender her child for adoption. She flees to Melbourne, becoming a prostitute. Authorities seek to take her child. She runs again to remote rthern Western Australia. Yet the men find and pursue her. Desperate she flees to the desert. Finally a friend writes her story and gains retribution This is the second book in the series, Old Balmain House and begins in the same house as the first book and continues part of the story of Sophie, the girl who vanished half a century ago. Lizzie, aged eight, meets Sophie, the girl who lived in the same bedroom as a child. Sophie becomes her friend.
- Author BiographyGraham Wilson lives in Sydney Australia. He has completed and published nine books, including three in this Old Balmain House Series. His first novel in this series, tells the story of a small girl who went missing 100 years ago with her best friend and was never found, leaving a trail of grief down through generations until the finally her story is discovered. It is based in the real Balmain, an early inner Sydney suburb, with its real locations and historical events providing part of the story background. This second novel in this series, 'Lizzie's Tale' builds on The Old Balmain House setting, It is the story of a working class teenage girl who lives in this same house in the 1950s and 1960s, It tells of how she becomes pregnant she is determined not to surrender her baby for adoption, and her struggle to survive. The series concludes with the book 'Devils Choice' which follows the life of Lizzie's daughter Catherine and the awful choice she too must make through confronting her mother's rapists. Graham has also written five novels in the Crocodile Spirit Dreaming Series. The first novel 'An English Visitor' tells the story of an English backpacker who visits the Northern Territory and becomes captivated and in great danger from a man who loves crocodiles. The second book in the series, 'Crocodile Man', follows the consequences of the first book based around the discovery of this man's remains and the main character being placed on trial for murder. The third book, 'The Empty Place', is about the struggle of the main character to retain her sanity in jail while her family and friends desperately try to find out what really happened on that fateful day before it is too late. Book 4, 'Lost Girls' is the story of four missing backpackers whose lives are revealed in this man's diary. It is also the story of the search for the main character who has vanished too. Book 5, 'Sunlit Shadow Dance' concludes the series and begins with a girl who appears in a remote aboriginal community with no memory and how she rebuilds her life but alongside this come dark shadows that threaten to overwhelm her. Graham has also written a family memoir Children of Arnhem's Kaleidoscope. It tells of his life growing up in a remote aboriginal community in Australia's Northern Territory. It also tells of his surviving an attack by a large crocodile. In his non writing life he is a wildlife veterinarian working with zoo animals and on national parks.
- Author(s)Dr Graham Wilson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.