All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionTravel from the ancient hidden city of Machu Picchu high in the Andes, past Mayan ruins over 2,000 years old, to the bustling modern cities of Sao Paulo and Bues Aires. Learn about the vibrant cultures and invations of Latin America--rodeo, carnival, chocolate, coffee, pinata, tango, and salsa, to name only a few. Many of these have become part of the daily lives of people all around the world. Latin Americans Thought of It features a rich array of photos along with informative text divided into sections, including: * Clothing * Architecture * Communication * Arts and Crafts * Sports This fifth book in the We Thought of It series describes the traditions and invations that are the result of thousands of years of civilization in Latin America, across two continents and nearly 20 countries. Within the region, there are many similarities (for instance, except for Brazil, the countries are all Spanish-speaking) and also many differences: in the mountaius Andes region, terrace farming was invented so that crops could be planted on steep hillsides, while in the marshy areas of Mexico and Bolivia raised fields called chinampas were devised so that crops could flourish in lowlands.
- Author BiographyEva Salinas, a journalist with roots in Chile, has lived and worked in London, Vancouver, Ghana, and Chile. She lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Eva Salinas
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour line drawings, maps
- Weight371 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Annouchka Galouchko
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.