Local Economic Development: Analysis, Practices, and Globalization by Michael Charles Carroll, John P. Blair (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $212.11+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $181.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionComprehensive coverage of traditional ecomic problems and issues are strengthened in this textbook by the recognition that the ecomic perspective should be supplemented by insights from other social sciences. Features of this new second edition include: concepts, theories and tools are emphasized rather than specific programs; traditional topics such as location of activities, growth and development, ecomic structure, land use, neighborhood development, and governance are presented in ways that connect theory to 'the ground' realities; ecomic problems including transportation, poverty, immigration, education, urban management and housing are covered within the context of regional development; and, numerous quantitative tools including location quotients, shift/share analysis, local multipliers, input-output analysis, statistical modeling, cost/benefit studies, discounted cash-flow analysis, among others, are described in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Author BiographyJohn P. Blair is a Professor of Economics at Wright State University where he teaches courses in urban economics and local economic development. He received a Ph. D. from West Virginia University. He has served as a consultant for a variety of state and local governments as well as private agencies. He has written numerous books and articles about urban issues and public policies. Blair's academic articles have appeared in such journals as Land Economics, Growth and Change, and Economic Development Quarterly. Michael C. Carroll is the Director of the Center for Regional Development and Associate Professor of Economics at Bowling Green State University. Prior to joining BGSU, he served on the faculty at Muskingum College and West Virginia State University. Dr. Carroll's business experience includes positions as corporate controller, operations manager, and president. His research interests focus on regional economic development and social economics. He is Editor-in-Chief of Regional Science Policy and Practice and Associate Editor of Economic Development Quarterly. His writings have appeared in a variety of academic journals including, the Journal of Economic Issues, Annals of Regional Science, and the Industrial Geographer. Dr. Carroll also authored A Future of Capitalism: The Economic Vision of Robert Heilbroner (Macmillan and St. Martin's Press) 1998. He earned his Ph.D. from Colorado State University.
- Author(s)John P. Blair,Michael Charles Carroll
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/09/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.