All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionControl Harmful Emissions and Improve Work Conditions Local Exhaust Ventilation: Aerodynamic Processes and Calculations of Dust Emissions examines how emissions inherent to production processes in the metal, mining, chemical, and other industries can adversely affect the workplace by compromising a worker's health and/or contributing to the deterioration of equipment quality and performance. Professionals concerned with the aerodynamics of dust control ventilation, particularly at industrial plants, can greatly benefit from this book. This text considers the impact of emissions exposure to occupational safety and health and the environment, explores the practical purposes of industrial ventilation, and outlines how local exhaust ventilation can help control the emission of harmful substances in industry. The book outlines methods used for surveying currents in local exhaust ventilation systems and deals with the aerodynamics of loose-matter handling in porous ducts and the identification of regularities in air circulation patterns in bypass ducts. Topics covered include the determination of vortex field boundaries, development dynamics of vortex flow patterns, and interaction between the exhaust plume and inflow jets. Divided into two sections, this text: * Examines the computations of gas-borne dust flows in local exhaust ventilation systems * Provides practical recommendations for the energy-efficient containment of dust emissions * Discusses basic approaches to operational energy savings for local exhaust ventilation systems * Uses color photos throughout to illustrate dust behavior, flow lines, and patterns Local Exhaust Ventilation: Aerodynamic Processes and Calculations of Dust Emissions establishes local exhaust ventilation as the most reliable way to control the emission of harmful substances. This text incorporates solutions that reduce material carryover rates and decrease the volume of air evacuated by suction, adequately reducing the dust level in an industrial work area, and can help solve a number of problems related to industrial ventilation.
- Author BiographyIvan Nikolayevich Logachev holds a doctorate in engineering and is a professor and academician at the Russian Academy ofNatural Sciences, Moscow, Russia. He graduated from the Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute in 1962, with a specialization in heat and ventilation. For more than 30 years he worked in the All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Safety and Environment in the Mining and Metallurgical Industry (Krivoy Rog), where he was promoted from research assistant to the head of the laboratory of industrial ventilation. Dr. I. Logachev is the author of more than 300 scientific papers, more than 50 inventions, and several monographs. Konstantin Ivanovich Logachev holds a doctorate in engineering and is a professor at Belgorod State Technological University, Belgorod, Russia, where he has been working since 1995. He graduated from the Dnepropetrovsk State University in 1992, with a specialization in hydroaerodynamics. Dr. K. Logachev has authored more than 150 scientific publications. Olga Aleksandrovna Averkova received a Candidate of Technical Sciences degree from the Belgorod State Technological University, Belgorod, Russia in 2004, and is currently an associate professor at the university. She has authored more than 100 scientific publications.
- Author(s)Ivan Nikolaevich Logachev,Konstantin Ivanovich Logachev,Olga Averkova
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note431 colour illustrations, 55 black & white tables
- Weight1338 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.