All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by three experienced consultants with a large skin cancer practice and international reputations for excellence, this book provides comprehensive practical solutions to defects in the head and neck region that are confronted by the clinician in day-to-day practice. Essential information is first provided on anesthesia, defect assessment and individual flaps, while the core chapters focus on the reconstruction of specific defects at specific sites. The defects and reconstructive solutions are depicted by means of sequential, clinically relevant line drawings that are complemented by clear supporting text highlighting the intricacies and nuances of the procedure and the decision-making process. Helpful algorithms at the end of each chapter summarize the solutions. This book will be ideal for use in daily practice by clinicians and trainees and will assist in achieving excellent cosmetic outcomes in this aesthetically sensitive part of the body.
- Author BiographyVelupillai Ilankovan, BDS, MBBCh, FDSRCS (Edin & Eng), FRCS (Edin & Eng), is a consultant maxillofacial/head and neck surgeon and current Clinical Lead in Maxillofacial Surgery at Dorset County Hospital, UK. He is Professor of Surgery at Bournemouth University and Honorary Professor of Head and Neck Surgery at Peking Union Medical College. Dr. Ilankovan is President-Elect of the British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon, 2013-2014, and Honorary Secretary of the Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons. He is also a member of the editorial boards for the British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (expert adviser on Aesthetic Surgery) and the Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery (section editor for Oncology and Reconstruction). Dr. Ilankovan is an examiner for Part I & II FDS, Edinburgh; MFDS, Edinburgh; MJDF RCS; MRCS (Intercollegiate); and FRCS Maxillofacial (Intercollegiate). He is the author of more than 80 articles in peer-reviewed journals and has given many presentations at conferences across the world. Madan Ethunandan, BDS, MDS (OMFS), FDSRCS (Eng), FFDRCS (Irel), BM (Soton), MRCSEd, FRCS (OMFS), is Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Southampton and Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Southampton, UK. He is also Visiting Professor at Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, India. Dr. Ethunandan is a member of the editorial boards of the British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Expert Advisor - Salivary Gland Diseases), Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery and the International Journal of Clinical Implant Dentistry. He is also Module Editor (Surgical Dermatology) for E-Learning for Healthcare (BAOMS/DOH) and a reviewer for a number of leading journals. Dr. Ethunandan is the author of almost 60 publications in peer-reviewed journals and has given many conference presentations in Europe and India. Tian Ee Seah, BDS, MDS, graduated from the National University of Singapore and went on to gain his Masters in Dental Surgery (Oral Maxillofacial Surgery) from the same university. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and a Fellow and Council Member of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. Dr. Seah is current President of the Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Singapore, having previously occupied other positions in the association. He is also a member of the Singapore Dental Association, the Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons (UK) and the Asia Facial Plastic Surgery Society. Dr. Seah currently works as a Consultant with the Singapore National Dental Centre and Orange Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics. He has given many presentations at meetings in Singapore and overseas. Dr. Seah is responsible for all the drawings in this highly illustrated book.
- Author(s)Madan Ethunandan,Tian Ee Seah,Velupillai Ilankovan
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note157 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight760 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.