All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis mograph on the homotopy theory of topologized diagrams of spaces and spectra gives an expert account of a subject at the foundation of motivic homotopy theory and the theory of topological modular forms in stable homotopy theory. Beginning with an introduction to the homotopy theory of simplicial sets and topos theory, the book covers core topics such as the unstable homotopy theory of simplicial presheaves and sheaves, localized theories, cocycles, descent theory, n-abelian cohomology, stacks, and local stable homotopy theory. A detailed treatment of the formalism of the subject is interwoven with explanations of the motivation, development, and nuances of ideas and results. The coherence of the abstract theory is elucidated through the use of widely applicable tools, such as Barr's theorem on Boolean localization, model structures on the category of simplicial presheaves on a site, and cocycle categories. A wealth of concrete examples convey the vitality and importance of the subject in topology, number theory, algebraic geometry, and algebraic K-theory. Assuming basic kwledge of algebraic geometry and homotopy theory, Local Homotopy Theory will appeal to researchers and advanced graduate students seeking to understand and advance the applications of homotopy theory in multiple areas of mathematics and the mathematical sciences.
- Author BiographyJ. F. Jardine is Canada Research Chair and Professor of Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario. He is the author of Generalized Etale Cohomology Theories and Simplicial Homotopy Theory (with P. Goerss).
- Author(s)John Frederick Jardine
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- Series TitleSpringer Monographs in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note514 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight937 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.