All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionIslam is often seen as a religious tradition in which hell does t play a particularly prominent role. This volume challenges this hackneyed view. Locating Hell in Islamic Traditions is the first book-length analytic study of the Muslim hell. It maps out a broad spectrum of Islamic attitudes toward hell, from the Quranic vision(s) of hell to the pious cultivation of the fear of the afterlife, theological speculations, metaphorical and psychological understandings, and the modern transformations of hell. Contributors: Frederick Colby, Daniel de Smet, Christiane Gruber, Jon Hoover, Mohammad Hassan Khalil, Christian Lange, Christopher Melchert, Simon O'Meara, Samuela Pagani, Tommaso Tesei, Roberto Tottoli, Wim Raven, and Richard van Leeuwen.
- Author BiographyChristian Lange is Professor of Arabic and Islamic Studies at Utrecht University, the Netherlands. He has published a monograph and several articles on the history of crime and punishment in Islam, edited two volumes on Islamic political history, and is the author of the forthcoming Paradise and hell in Islam (2015-16).
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleIslamic History and Civilization
- Series Part/Volume Number119
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight721 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byChristian Lange
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.