All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe walks in this guide introduce the many facets of the Southern Highlands and range from easy loch-side strolls to strenuous expeditions onto some of the area's highest mountains. Walking in Scotland is quite different from walking south of the border. In England there are only eight summits that top 3000 ft, while in Scotland there are 277, with 45 of them situated in the Southern Highlands. Walks taking in the mountains of the National Park include Beinn Dubh, Ben Vorlich, The Cobbler, Ben Ledi, Ben Lomond and Ben Venue. The Trossachs are particularly spectacular when clothed in autumn colours and provided the setting for The Lady of the Lake and Rob Roy, by Sir Walter Scott. The Ochil Hills, Loch Lomond and the West Highland Way are also included, and there is an opportunity to see Stirling and the Wallace monument, overlooking the scene of the Scottish patriot's victory over Edward I.
- Author BiographyDennis Kelsall is an expert outdoor writer and regular Pathfinder author with a deep knowledge of the British countryside.
- Author(s)Dennis Kelsall,Jan Kelsall
- PublisherOrdnance Survey
- Date of Publication08/08/2016
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitlePathfinder Guides
- Series Part/Volume NumberPF23
- Place of PublicationSouthampton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrdnance Survey/Crimson
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.