All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped by the legendary Lockheed 'Skunk Works,' the F-117 Nighthawk was a phemenal technical achievement. Featuring cutaways, detail plates and battlescene artwork, this book tells the incredible story of the design of the machine, from the revolutionary materials used to the highly advanced computer techlogy that was employed to make the Stealth Fighter invisible to enemy radar. Written by the world's leading authority on the aircraft from Lockheed's 'Skunk Works', Paul Crickmore, this book reveals the impact the Stealth had in combat over Panama, Yugoslavia and most tably the Persian Gulf.
- Author BiographyPaul F. Crickmore is the author both of the first detailed book to be published on the SR-71 Blackbird, and of the standard reference work on the subject - the much-acclaimed Lockheed SR-71: The Secret Missions Exposed. He is an honorary member of several A-12 and SR-71 veterans' associations. Paul is also the author of the first detailed book about the F-117, written in partnership with his wife Alison and published in 1999. Adam Tooby is an internationally renowned digital aviation artist and illustrator. His work can be found in publications worldwide and as box art for model aircraft kits. He also runs a successful illustration studio and aviation prints business. To buy artwork, or contact the artist, visit either www.finesthourart.com or www.adamtoobystudio.co.uk Henry Morshead is a design consultant in the European automotive and aerospace sectors, with clients including Jaguar, Bentley, Citroen and Airbus. He is also a technical sponsor of the Bloodhound supersonic car, contributing digital surfacing and design services. A former officer in the Royal Engineers and illustrator for Jane's, he maintains a keen interest in the design and use of military land and air vehicles.
- Author(s)Paul F. Crickmore
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/10/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleAir Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note90 col
- Weight226 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Tooby,Henry Morshead
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.