All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is t merely about metaphysics; it is an essay in metaphysics. Furthermore, it is written in the firm conviction that metaphysics is possible and meaningful metaphysical statements can and should be made. However, I felt it necessary to approach the perennial problems of metaphysics through the avenues of linguistic analysis. I have tried t only to infiltrate the position of the linguists but to show that a fifth column already existed there. Yet the objections to metaphysics needed to be met or at least some indication of how they could be met had to be shown. It is never eugh to demonstrate that objections are un- founded - some positive indications of a possible metaphysics had to be offered. This book, as a consequence, tries also to draw at least in broad outline, a metaphysical position that seems to me to be well-founded. In the present state of philoso- phy in the United States especially, this is sufficient reason for publishing ather book in philosophy. I want to express my appreciation to a number of people. To my colleagues at North Carolina I am grateful for stimulating criticisms that often helped me see my way through to solutions. To Professors B. Blanshard (Yale University), and Ledger Wood (Princeton University), I am grateful for reading the manuscript.
- Author(s)Louis O. Kattsoff
- Date of Publication01/01/1967
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight403 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.