All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionLogic and the Organization of Information closely examines the historical and contemporary methodologies used to catalogue information objects-books, ebooks, journals, articles, web pages, images, emails, podcasts and more-in the digital era. This book provides an in-depth technical background for digital librarianship, and covers a broad range of theoretical and practical topics including: classification theory, topic antation, automatic clustering, generalized synymy and concept indexing, distributed libraries, semantic web ontologies and Simple Kwledge Organization System (SKOS). It also analyzes the challenges facing today's information architects, and outlines a series of techniques for overcoming them. Logic and the Organization of Information is intended for practitioners and professionals working at a design level as a reference book for digital librarianship. Advanced-level students, researchers and academics studying information science, library science, digital libraries and computer science will also find this book invaluable.
- Author(s)Martin Fricke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/04/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight504 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.