All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionWhile many books have been written on the Falklands War, this is the first to focus on the vital aspect of logistics. The challenges were huge; the lack of preparation time; the urgency; the huge distances involved; the need to requisition ships from trade to name but four. After a brief discussion of events leading to Argentina's invasion the book describes in detail the rush to re-organise and deploy forces, despatch a large task force, the invative solutions needed to sustain the Task Force, the vital staging base at Ascension Island, the in-theatre resupply, the set-backs and finally the restoring of order after victory. Had the logistics plan failed, victory would have been impossible and humiliation inevitable, with food for the troops, ammunition for the guns, medical support for casualties etc. The lessons learnt have never been more important with increasing numbers of out-of-area operations required in remote trouble spots at short tice. The Falklands experience is crucial for the education of new generations of military planners and fascinating for military buffs and this book fills an important gap.
- Author BiographyMajor General Kenneth L Privratsky served in the US Infantry in Vietnam before becoming a logistics specialist. He taught at West Point and commanded organizations supplying US Forces worldwide. He was a military fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. In civilian life he was an executive in the ocean transportation industry. He writes and lectures regularly. He lives in Alaska.
- Author(s)Kenneth L . Privratsky
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note16pp B & W plates
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.