All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLolita tells the story of aging Hubert Humbert who has an obsessive, devouring, and doomed passion for the nymphet, Dolores Haze. It is also the story of a hypercivilized European colliding with the cheerful barbarism of postwar America. All in all, Lolita is filled with awe and exhilaration, along with heartbreak and mordant wit.
- Author BiographyVladimir Nabokov was born in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 1899. After studying French and Russian literature at Trinity College, Cambridge, he launched his literary career in Berlin and Paris. In 1940 he moved to the United States, here he achieved renown as a novelist, poet, critic, and translator. <b>Lolita</b><i>, </i> arguably his most famous novel, was first published, by the Olympia Press, Paris, on September 15, 1955, and became a controversial success. Nabokov died in Montreux Switzerland in 1977.
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/1990
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight272 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.