Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionLondon has taken a central role in urban Gothic, from key canic texts like Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, The Picture of Dorian Gray and Dracula through modern Gothic texts to the 'tourist gothic' of rebranded gastropubs and ghost tours. As a specific category, London Gothic is becoming as important for understanding ourselves today as it has been for thinking about the cultural productions of the late-nineteenth century. This is the first book to focus on Gothic representations of London, offering a range of essays from established and new scholars reading London Gothic as it is manifested in a variety of media and through varied critical approaches.
- Author BiographyAnne Witchard is a Lecturer in the department of English and Linguistics at the University of Westminster, UK. She is author of Thomas Burke's Dark Chinoiserie (Ashgate, 2009). Lawrence Phillips is Professor in English Literature at the University of Northampton, UK. He is the founding editor of the academic e-journal Literary London Interdisciplinary Studies in the Representation of London (www.literarylondon.org) and an organiser of the annual Literary London Conference which has run since 2002.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Literary Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDr Anne Veronica Witchard,Lawrence Phillips
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.