All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $72.46Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionLONDON LARGE: Blood on the Streets - The thrilling vel of crime, punishment and vengeance by Garry and Roy Robson. <i>An exciting, gritty read that develops into a smooth, unputdownable thriller ...'</i> Bookpostmortem <b>A double murder</b> Two socialite sisters are murdered in plain sight in the heart of London. The killer is gunned down by the police. No one on planet earth can identify the killer; r understand why the sisters were murdered. <b>A gang war</b> As gang war erupts on the streets of London Detective Inspector Harry 'H' Hawkins is sent to investigate. He links the warring factions to a high level establishment conspiracy; and the conspiracy to the murder. And then his partner is kidnapped. <b>A race against time</b> H is a hardened copper, but uncovers truths that chill even him to the bone. If he is to save his partner and avenge his best friend he kws that every second counts.....
- Author BiographyRoy and Garry Robson are, unsurprisingly, brothers from the Elephant and Castle, south east London. Their father (variously a pig farmer, cab driver, haulage contractor and general ducker and diver) and mother (homemaker, cook and doctor's receptionist with a well timed left hook) raised them and their siblings with some old fashioned south London working class values. These included hard work, respect for their elders and a willingness to duck and dive when required. They have endeavoured, where possible and appropriate, and with varying degrees of success, to maintain the values their parents tried to instill in them. One day, whilst enjoying a beer or two, they decided to write a Crime Thriller Series. They awoke the next day and were surprised to discover that they meant it. Roy lives in Bromley and works as a Service Delivery Manager for an International IT Consultancy. Garry lives in Krakow and is now, of all things, a sociology professor. Both career choices served as a source of confusion and humour to their parents, who were born and raised in the days before computers and sociology professors existed. Harry 'H' Hawkins, the protagonist of the London Large novels, is based upon neither Garry or Roy. He is recklessly brave, confused, brash and a functioning alcoholic. Roy and Garry combined can only lay claim to the second of these characteristics.
- Author(s)Garry Robson,Roy Robson
- PublisherLondon Large Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLondon Large Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.