All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Fathers presents a unique and richly illustrated guide to the London section of the Thames Path, which runs along both banks of the river from Putney Bridge to the Thames Barrier. Together, the two paths make up a paramic 40-mile walk through 2000 years of London's history. * From the old docks and wharves that primed the Industrial Revolution, through the heart of British Government, Monarchy and Church to the City of London that took its very existence from the river. * From the site of the Putney Debates at St Mary's Church to Wren's mighty baroque cathedral of St Paul's. * From the great Victorian engineering works of Sir Joseph Bazalgette and his attempts to clean up a polluted London and the river to the Thames Barrier seeking to protect huge parts of London from rising sea levels. * From London Bridge, site of the oldest crossing point, to the Millennium Bridge, the Thames' newest crossing. This book explains the parama we see today, what came before and how the changes came about. Each double page shows the distance covered so you can plan your own tour of the river.
- Author BiographyDAVID FATHERS is the creator of beautifully illustrated walking guide books to the waterways of London. These include 'The Regent's Canal' and 'The London Thames Path'. An avid walker and artist, he is constantly looking for new ways to map London and to encourage others to see parts of the metropolis from different perspectives. Ten years ago he was commissioned by the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew and Wakehurst Place to create their first digital visitors guides. They are still in use today. He lives in north London with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)David Fathers
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width177 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.89
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $41.14
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $23.55Trending at AU $29.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $25.00
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.