All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLondon Transport was created in 1933 to coordinate the shambolic, overlapping transport systems of the capital, and for decades has striven to meet the challenges of organising London travel. Now operating as Transport for London (TfL), it continues this demanding work. In this fully illustrated volume, Michael H. C. Baker presents the complete story of the organisation from its origins, through the upheavals of the Second World War, to TfL's biggest modern project - Crossrail. Covering modes of transport including trams, trolleybuses, the iconic RT and Routemaster buses and the trains of the Underground, this is an essential guide to London's world-famous transport operator.
- Author BiographyMichael H. C. Baker has written more than fifty books and a hundred articles about buses, trains, people and places, and is Editor of the Magazine of the London Bus Museum at Brooklands.
- Author(s)Michael H. C. Baker
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/01/2016
- SubjectTransport: General
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number799
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note31 b/w; 48 col
- Weight152 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.