All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you kw that. From Stonebridge Park on the Bakerloo Line you can walk to the largest Hindu temple in Europe? From Ealing Broadway on the Central Line you can walk to the oldest film studios in the world? From Stratford on the Central Line you can walk to, and abseil down, Britain's tallest sculpture? London is a city of surprises and variety, over 600 square miles packed full of character. And to really kw London you must look beyond the obvious; there are broad vistas and quiet corners, iconic sights and grand boulevards, quaint villages, verdant parks, cobbled alleyways, museums, monuments, markets, theatres, and ancient churches. This book unearths and explores a stupendous range of interesting places, some well kwn, some less well kwn, some almost unkwn, all of within an easy walk of a Tube station. If you want a day out and you want to do something different then London is your town, the Tube is your means and London by Tube is your guide.
- Author BiographyChristopher Winn's first book was the bestselling I Never Knew That About England. Volumes on Ireland, Scotland, Wales and London followed as well as books on the English, Scottish and Irish, alongside an illustrated edition of I Never Knew That About England and London. A freelance writer and collector of trivia for over 20 years, he has worked with Terry Wogan and Jonathan Ross and sets quiz questions for television as well as for the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph. He was also the Associate Producer for a TV series by ITV on Great Britain. He is married to artist Mai Osawa, who illustrates all the books in the series. His website is http://www.i-never-knew-that.com.
- Author(s)Christopher Winn
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight357 g
- Width119 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine32 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.89
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $41.14
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $14.33
- AU $23.55Trending at AU $29.98
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.