All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A beautiful book...the words Sandling unearths are as delightful as the objects he describes.' Daily Mail Mudlarking, searching the Thames foreshore, has a long tradition: mudlarks used to be small boys grubbing a living from scrap. Today's mudlarks unearth relics of the past, from Roman tiles to elegant Georgian pottery. Here are Ted Sandling's most evocative finds, gorgeously photographed. Together they create a mosaic of everyday London life through the centuries, touching on the journeys, pleasures, vices, industries, adornments and comforts of a world city. London in Fragments celebrates the beauty of small things, and makes sense of the intangible connection that found objects give us to the individuals who lost them.
- Author BiographyAfter studying History of Art at The University of Bristol, Ted Sandling moved to London and became a garden designer and landscape historian. In 2008 he returned to the fine arts when he joined Christie's. He now works at Christie's Education. He first went mudlarking in 2004 and was instantly hooked.
- Author(s)Ted Sandling
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byIain Sinclair
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.18
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.