CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionLondon in Landscape can be properly described as a labour of love for young artist Karen Neale. Since June 2005 she has been braving all climates in order to capture, in her own extraordinary, inimitable style, the different faces of the country's capital, in all seasons. From Bow Street to Chinatown, from Buckingham Palace to Smithfield Market, from the Tate Modern to Trafalgar Square, Karen has brought her unique talent to bear on the landmarks of this great city and created a tremendous record of its everyday life. Amazingly, Karen draws entirely in biro on A5 sketchpads - hence the format of the book - carefully colouring afterwards. Each drawing can take her up to ten hours standing in situ to complete, and she has had many unusual experiences during the process.
- Author BiographyKaren Neale qualified as an architect but gave up to become a full-time working artist. In 2004 she was artist-in-residence at the Athenaeum club in London in 2004, and then at Lord' cricket ground in 2005 (during which time she provided the illustrations to Methuen's Tom Graveney at Lords). She has also been the recipient of a prestigious Churchill scholarship, which allowed her to travel around the world, sketching her journey.
- PublisherMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width210 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Karen Neale
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.