All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOft-overshadowed by the imposing buildings that line the River Thames, the bridges of London are an intriguing part of the capital, past and present. This book traces the history of all 33 Thames bridges within Greater London, exploring the fascinating architecture and unique stories from Hampton Court Bridge in the west to the iconic Tower Bridge in the east. Accompanied throughout by colour photographs of the present bridges, as well as detailed paintings and engravings of the earlier structures that once stood in their place, this is a fully illustrated and absorbing narrative for anyone with an interest in the history of London.
- Author BiographyPeter Matthews was born in Bristol but has spent most of his working life in London. Peter studied languages at King's College in the Strand and then worked for many years for the London Tourist Board. He is a registered Blue Badge Guide, and now works for the Museum of London.
- Author(s)Peter Matthews
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/11/2008
- Series TitleShire History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight594 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.