All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionLondon is a living architectural exhibition. This tried and trusted portable guide will help you to find your way around one of the world's most exciting cities, offering architectural experiences and insights into London's finest contemporary architecture. * features more than 400 buildings including key venues from the 2012 Olympic Park * provides a superb full colour photographic record of the capital * aids navigation of the city's greatest architectural sights with a clear map-based format * considers each district in turn, identifying the buildings most worthwhile visiting, and providing essential information and insights into each * includes a large scale, portable, lightweight map, for use when walking the tours Jam packed with the author's intimate architectural experience and kwledge of London's buildings, the accompanying commentary is both lively and entertaining, providing all the information that any architectural explorer will need to appreciate and experience London's contemporary architecture.
- Author BiographyKen Allinson AADipl RIBA is the author of The Wild Card of Design (1992), Getting There by Design (1996) and Architects and Architecture of London (2008), as well as earlier editions of this guide. During his career Ken worked for and with, among others, Richard Rogers, John Winter, Archigram Architects, Terry Farrell, YRM and DEGW. He has taught design and professional practice at the UCL, Greenwich and Oxford Brookes Universities, has run his own practice consultancy and is currently a director of Architectural Dialogue. Together with Victoria Thornton he was a founding Trustee of Open House London. He is currently preparing a theoretical work entitled Meetings With Buildings. Victoria Thornton OBE is founding director of Open-City, founder of the Open House worldwide initiative and of Architectural Dialogue. In 2003 the RIBA awarded an Honorary Fellowship to Victoria Thornton in recognition of her contribution to architecture and the education of future generations and in 2005 she received an honorary MA degree from London Metropolitan University. She is also a fellow of the RSA and completed an MA relating to European architecture policy and young people (2009). In 2012 Victoria received the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the New Year's Honours list for services to architecture and architecture education.
- Author(s)Kenneth Allinson,Victoria Thornton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1286 colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.