Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $19.49Trending at AU $21.57
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it mean to be possessed? By a person, by a dream, and by your demons? Shana kws. Shana was a ballerina. At least that was what her mother told her when she moved them to New York so she could pursue the dream. But after Shana was kicked out of school for experimenting with new dance forms and escaped her stage mom only to fall into a dangerous marriage, all she has left is a list of things she thought she was. The only thing still alive in her spirit is the ballet she wanted to choreograph, and suddenly it has taken on a life of its own. Shana runs, from her husband, from her life, and from the terrifying dreams that insist she make a change-until she runs out of time and must face t only her husband's hired gun but the monster in her mind. Magical realism, supernatural, psychological, spiritual contemporary fantasy romance. Lone Cypress is all of these things, at once a love story and a story of emotional healing, though it won't ever let you rest on one conclusion for too long. Just how literal are the events of this story-possession, mental illness, symbolic nightmares, visions, mystical voices and magical objects that guide a young woman to a new love and community-and what is their source? Lone Cypress invites the reader to decide for him or herself how deep the rabbit hole goes, because all events point in the same direction, but just how far you suspend your disbelief will determine where the story ends for you.
- Author BiographyLaura K. Cowan writes imaginative stories that explore the connections between the spiritual and natural worlds. Her work has been compared to that of acclaimed fantasy and sci-fi authors Ursula K. Le Guin and Ray Bradbury, but her stark and lovely stories retain a distinctly spiritual flavor. Laura's debut novel The Little Seer was a top 5 Kindle Bestseller for free titles in Christian Suspense and Occult/Supernatural, and was hailed by reviewers and readers as riveting, moving and lyrical. Her second novel, a redemptive ghost story titled Music of Sacred Lakes, and her first short story collection, The Thin Places: Supernatural Tales of the Unseen, received rave reviews, and Music of Sacred Lakes also topped the Kindle free bestseller lists during its launch, including #42 on all of Kindle, #25 in Fiction, #2 in Genre Fiction overall, #5 in Fantasy and Fantasy Sci-Fi, and #1 in Metaphysical Fantasy and Metaphysical Fiction, remaining on the top 100 Kindle bestseller lists for Metaphysical Fiction and Metaphysical Fantasy after launch. Laura's short stories also appear in a number of anthologies, including the charity anthology Shades of Fear (#5 on the Kindle free bestseller lists for anthologies during its promotion), and the upcoming historical horror anthology Sins of the Past, the rather ridiculous soon-to-come PANTS! anthology, and the completely absurd upcoming Faery Tale Therapy. You can find her on Facebook and Twitter, or connect with her at laurakcowan[at]gmail.com or on her website LauraKCowan.com.
- Author(s)Laura K Cowan
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.