Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionDaniel Foley, Junior was born on February 14, 1924 in Vallejo, California and died on August 24, 2003 in Lakeport, California. He left us his World War II diary with the following te: I've enjoyed re-tracing these travels; I only hope my grandkids or their children enjoy this book a little if every they stumble over it in their attic on some faraway day. I edited my father-in-law's diary and printed it as a Christmas gift for our family, dedicating it to his great-grandchild and namesake, Daniel Padraig Foley. I then decided to publish it so that the generation of his great-grandchild would have the opportunity to share his experiences and perhaps understand the patriotism and courage of the WWII generation of Daniel Foley, Jr.
- Author BiographyCorazon Sandoval Foley is the wife of Michael Daniel Foley, only son of Daniel Foley, Jr. She was born in the Philippines and, along with her husband, worked on international affairs with the State Department and the intelligence community. She retired after a 30-year career with the State Department in 2007 and has been writing books about local history. In 2010, she published the book on the Fairfax County Asian American History Project and has written a book on the history of Little Zion Baptist Church in Burke, Virginia. She has published the WWII Diary of her father-in-law Daniel Foley, Jr. to share with the youth some lessons of courage and patriotism of the WWII generation.
- Author(s)Corazon Sandoval Foley
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight424 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.