All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionPeter G. Wallace adeptly interweaves the influential events of the early modern religious reformation with the transformations of political institutions, socio-ecomic structures, gender relations, and cultural values throughout Europe. In this established study, Wallace: * examines the European Reformation as a long-term process * reconnects the classic sixteenth-century religious struggles with the political and religious pressures confronting late medieval Christianity * argues that the resolutions proposed by reformers, such as Luther, were t fully realised for most Christians until the early eighteenth century. Incorporating the latest research, the second edition of this essential text w features a new chapter on the Reformation and Islam, expanded discussion of gender issues, and a helpful glossary.
- Author BiographyPETER G. WALLACE is Professor of History at Hartwick College, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Peter G. Wallace
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/09/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEuropean History in Perspective
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight507 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.