CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionEric Haseltine has applied discoveries about the human brain to his work in fields as diverse as aerospace, entertainment, and national defense. And all too often he has come up against short-term thinking that focuses on putting out fires instead of long-term thinking that can create explosive opportunities and open up new markets.Our brains have let the tyranny of the urgent stifle the pursuit of the important for too long, Haseltine says. It's time to find a way to work around our hard-wired short-term orientation in order to light that long fuse. And in Long Fuse, Big Bang, he shows how to do just that. From learning how to see through blind spots to looking to the future for revolutionary ideas, long-term thinking is the key to success-and survival-in an era of accelerating change.The essence of Long Fuse thinking is to imagine where the arc of history is going, then figure out how to take short-term steps in that direction. Long Fuse, Big Bang shows listeners how to apply enduring strategies in a quick-fix world, to translate long-term Big Bang opportunities into short-term projects that are in harmony, t in conflict, with our got to have it w nature.
- Author BiographyEric Haseltine holds a Ph.D. in physiological psychology. Currently the president and managing partner of Haseltine Partners LLC, he has held senior positions at the National Security Agency, Disney Imagineering, and Hughes Aircraft. He lives in Silver Spring, Maryland. Kirby Heyborne is an accomplished actor, musician, and comedian. He has received critical acclaim for his starring roles in the award-winning World War II drama Saints and Soldiers, the lighthearted family comedy The R.M., the award-winning boy-band mockumentary The Sons of Provo, and the award-winning quixotic comedy Pirates of the Great Salt Lake. He has had starring roles in thirteen features and many short films. Kirby has also appeared on the WB's Everwood and many national commercials. Recently, Kirby was seen as a recurring character on the hit FOX sitcom Free Ride. Kirby has received a number of AudioFile Earphones Awards for excellence in audiobook narration. He has narrated such titles as Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, Black Swan Green by David Mitchell, Breathers by S. G. Browne, and The Genius by Jesse Kellerman. Kirby is a cofounder and director of the celebrated Los Angeles-based improv comedy group The Society. Also a successful musician, Kirby has released four solo albums and has had his music featured in many films. Kirby has delighted audiences across the country with his ability to blend heart-warming stories, beautiful music, and comedic wit.
- Author(s)Eric Haseltine
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication20/07/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Kirby Heyborne
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time690
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.