All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionNo life in popular music touched on as many major musical milestones as that of The Beach Boys' Carl Wilson. While he is often unjustly overlooked as a mere adjunct to his more famous brothers Brian and Dennis, Carl was a major international rock star from his early teens. The proud owner of one of the greatest voices in popular music-one that graced some of the most important records of the pop era, including 'God Only Kws' and 'Good Vibrations'-Wilson was also one of the first musicians to bring the electric guitar to the forefront of rock'n'roll. His musical skills provided The Beach Boys' entree into the music business, from which he then stewarded their onstage journey through the ups and downs of the 60s to their comeback in the 70s and into the role of 'America's band' in the 80s. Along the way, Carl quietly endured his own battles with obesity, divorce, substance abuse, and ultimately terminal cancer, all the while working to protect his family's business and legacy. This major new biography reveals the true story of modern rock'n'roll, lived from the centre of the most important decades of popular music.
- Author BiographyKent Crowley writes about music for numerous publications, including Vintage Guitar and Shakin' Fever. He researched Bob Keane's The Oracle of Del-Fi and edited Hollywood Gold Star Studio founders Stan Ross and Dave Gold's Gold Star Album. He is the author of Surf Beat (Backbeat, 2011), and also consulted on Freak Out In Cucamonga, an upcoming documentary on Frank Zappa's Pal Studios/Studio Z.
- Author(s)Kent Crowley
- PublisherOutline Press Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black and white in plate selection
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.51
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.