All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his original version of Long-Range Precision Rifle, U.S. Army sniper and avid precision rifle and long-range rifle shooter, competitor, and enthusiast Anthony Cirincione II put extreme accuracy with a precision rifle within the reach of any shooter. His instruction was based on 26 months of combat deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan and his training of squad-designated marksmen for his battalion. His precision-shooting book proved to be an instant best-seller. In this expanded edition, Cirincione adds five new sections: External Ballistic Truing. Although he briefly detailed the process of external ballistic truing in the first edition, given the level of importance to midrange and long-range target engagement, he believes that the process of truing deserves a detailed description. Determining Fast and Correct Windage Adjustments or Holds. Cirincione covered the creation of a custom windage card for specific guns and pet loads in the first edition, but this added windage section shares his current process. The old way works fine, but his new method is faster and more precise, and doesn't require you to look at a card. As always, the process can be applied to any caliber you are using. Midrange and Long-Range Target Engagement: Magneto Speed V3 Ballistic Chrograph vs. External Ballistic Truing. This section features a report Cirincione sent to the U.S. Army Sniper School outlining the testing of a barrel-mounted chrograph. The test pitted the device against his current method of external ballistic truing, given target engagements from 100 to 1,000 yards. It gives you a couple of different options to get on target at extended range. How to Build a Switch-Barrel Rifle, and the Process of Swapping Barrels. As Cirincione has moved away from factory bolt-action rifles and into custom-built guns, he thought readers would appreciate information on how to build one. Not only that, but he also includes specific information on how to remove and add barrels of different calibers to that same stock and action. Suppressed Subsonic Shooting. This section is about precision shot placement with subsonic ammo out to 400 yards. Long-Range Precision Rifle: Expanded Edition lays out the most up-to-date methods for getting the most out of whatever rifle you are using. After discussing rifle, ammunition and optic selection, Cirincione reveals his tried-and-true methods of gathering and recording data. He takes you step-by-step through the process of discovering how to make your rifle perform at its peak with every shot. You will also learn how to adjust for environmental factors and obstructions that lie between you and your target, and discover why handloading and building your own precision cartridges is an extra step well worth taking.
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationColorado
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementExpanded edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.