Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionLong Time, No See introduces us to the unforgettable world of Mister Psyche . In the isolated coastal townland of Ballintra in the Northwest of Ireland Recent school-leaver, occasional worker, full-time companion and Malibu-provider to Uncle Joe-Joe and his friend, The Blackbird, Psyche is a boy on the cusp of adulthood, undone by a recent traumatic event. Hanging out with men some forty-plus years his senior proves hazardous for Mister Psyche when the appearance of a bullet-hole in Uncle Joe-Joe's window draws him into a series of (mis)-adventures which unsettle and bemuse. Perhaps The Blackbird is losing it? Or perhaps The General has decided to act on a decades-old grudge? Whichever way, as the paraia grabs a creeping hold of Uncle Joe-Joe, his fragile world threatens to collapse. And it is Mister Psyche who must digest this and ackwledge the new world taking shape in the old ...An epic in miniature peopled by a cast of incents and broken misfits, Long Time, No See's lyrical power casts a miraculous literary spell.
- Author BiographyDermot Healy is a poet, novelist and dramatist. He lives in County Sligo and is the author of A Goat's Song, Sudden Times, and The Bend for Home. He has previously won the Hennessy Award (twice), the Tom Gallon Award, the Encore Award and the AWB Vincent American Ireland Fund Literary Award.
- Author(s)Dermot Healy
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight1140 g
- Width172 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine48 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.