Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $13.85
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $14.14
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of the acclaimed, award-winning debut vel Black Fridays, comes a story of murder, greed, and corruption--and the lengths to which one man will go for his family. He approached me in the street--bone-thin, gray-bearded, holding out a small envelope. The man said you'd give me five bucks for it. Inside was a one-word message: RUN. Two years in a federal prison has changed Jason Stafford, is still changing him, but one thing it has taught him as a financial investigator is how to detect a lie. He doesn't think Philip Haley is lying. An engineer on the verge of a biofuel breakthrough, Haley has been indicted for insider trading on his own company, and Stafford believes him when he says he's been set up. Haley does indeed have enemies. He is t a nice man. Doesn't make him a criminal. It does make him dangerous to be around, though. The deeper Stafford investigates, the more secrets he starts to uncover, secrets people would kill for. And that's exactly what happens. Soon, it is Stafford himself who is under attack and, worse, his family--his fiancee, his young son--and he is a fugitive, desperately trying to stay one step ahead of both the killers and the law.
- Author BiographyMichael Sears spent more than twenty years on Wall Street, rising to become a managing director at Paine Webber and Jefferies & Company, before leaving the business in 2005. Black Fridays was nominated for the Edgar, Anthony, Barry, Shamus, and ITW Thriller Award, winning the Shamus. He lives in Sea Cliff, New York.
- Author(s)Michael Sears
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Weight544 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.