All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionEnsuring long-term care (LTC) is one of the most urgent problems in health care today. Demographic trends are expected to lead to a higher proportion of old and very old people in the global population. As a result, an increased proportion of global income will be devoted to LTC services. With this in mind, Long-term Care: Ecomic Issues and Policy Solutions aims to address the following important objectives: * to provide a detailed analysis of the arrangements and institutions designed to protect the disabled and dependent elderly people in various countries, and to try to evaluate their respective merits. * to discuss the projections of future costs of protection for dependent elderly, and to assess the impact of improvements in disability-free life expectancy on the future cost of care and choices between informal and formal care. * to present empirical research on these decisions, with special consideration of primary caregivers, and on the substitution between in kind and cash benefits as well as between institutional (or formal) care and home (or informal) care. * to analyze different theoretical approaches in modeling decisions referring to LTC services to be provided both within and between generations. With its mix of empirical, theoretical and policy-related contributions, Long-term Care: Ecomic Issues and Policy Solutions will be of interest t only to health ecomists, but also to social scientists, health insurers, and public policy advocates.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleDevelopments in Health Economics and Public Policy
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight539 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFrank A. Sloan,Roland Eisen
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.