All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe release of the complete version of the human geme sequence in 2003 has paved the way for defining gene function and genetic background for phetypic variation in humans and allowed us to study the aging process in a new light. This new volume results from that research and focuses on the genetic and epigenetic process of aging. While the interpretation of the geme data is still in its initial stages, this new volume looks at the evolving understanding of molecular mechanisms involved in cellular processes, gene function associated with complex traits, epigenetic components involve in gene control and the creation of hypothesis-free geme-wide approaches. Longevity Genes: A Blueprint for Aging explores the genetic and gemic elements that can maintain a long life such as DNA damage mechanisms, epigenetics and the way we can use this kwledge to generate customized treatments. It touches on some of the multidisciplinary approaches as well as gemic-wide association techlogy used to analyze complex traits. This book describes the hunt for genes affecting complex traits using a high throughput techlogy, with adequate consideration for the selection of an appropriate population, applications of statistical genetics and computational biology, and most importantly, considering phetype-getype association studies. Longevity Genes provides coverage of t only established aspects of genetics and aging, but also new approaches and perceptions in this important area of research.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/04/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number847
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, 9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight479 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGil Atzmon
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.