All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionLonging: Psychoanalytic Musings on Desire is a contemporary, interdisciplinary exploration of one of psychoanalysis's most foundational and fascinating areas of investigation. This anthology explores the vicissitudes and varieties of desire, its public and private, rmative and transgressive, its light and dark expressions. It examines desire in its relational, cultural, clinical, physical, sexual and aesthetic forms.Collectively, these essays demonstrate an understanding of the difficulties of identifying and realizing desire, precisely because it is multiple, omnipresent, shape-shifting, ongoing and, perhaps, always ultimately unfulfillable. They question whether desire is by definition something that cant be satisfied, and contemplate how we relate to our desires?Interpersonal psychoanalytic practice and theory understands desire t merely as an intrapsychic drive but also as a force shaped by and shaping interpersonal relationships. From within this perspective, a number of the contributors examine a broad variety of clinical manifestations of desire as it struggles for expression or suppression. The issues under examination here include important and, in some instances, under theorized, topics such as dissociated and secret desire, compulsive cross-dressing, kleptomania, sadomasochism, passion within the analytic dyad, the emotional and relational impact of mepause, and the exploration of a womans relationship to her body and its adornments.
- Author BiographyJean Petrucelli, PhD, is Director and Co-Founder of the Eating Disorders, Compulsions & Addictions Service at the William Alanson White Institute in New York City, where she is also a member of the Teaching Faculty and Supervisor of Psychotherapy. Additionally, she is Co-Editor of 'Hungers and Compulsion: The Psychodynamic Treatment of Eating Disorders and Addictions'. Dr Petrucelli is a psychoanalyst in private practice in Manhattan and lectures on the themes of eating disorders and addiction.
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJean Petrucelli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.